hanklundqvist.blogspot.com

hanklundqvist.blogspot.com
Henrik Lundqvist is the only goalie in NHL history to post 30-or-more wins in each of his first five NHL seasons, and the first Rangers goaltender in team history to post five straight 30-win seasons... Captured a gold medal with Team Sweden at the 2006 Winter Olympics in Torino, Italy... and considered one of the top goaltenders in the game.

Friday, January 22, 2010

Rangers 0, Flyers 2 - 1/21/10

"The Rangers went out on the road Thursday night and played a rugged, physical game in Philadelphia. Unfortunately, they were unable to recreate their recent scoring magic and were shut out by the Flyers 2-0 at the Wachovia Center."

[ rangers.nhl.com ]

On a more positive note, I got to enjoy the game from Skybox L and shot some amazing photos. I was the only Ranger fan proudly sporting my Ranger's jersey in a skybox full of Flyers fans!  I even got my jersey pulled over my head after the first Avery fight but kept on cheering!

"King Henrik"
[ I was one of the few fans snapping photos right against the glass before the game. ]

 
[ Avery ]

 
[ Avery ]

 
[ Redden and Callahan ]

 
[ Lundqvist ]

 
[ Drury and Christensen ]

 
 
 
[ All photos taken by me @ Wachovia Center, 1/21/10 ]




 FINAL SO
0-2

[ rangers.nhl.tv ]

Philadelphia's mustachioed pugilist got the blood boiling on the ice and in the postgame dressing rooms last night by dropping the gloves with Marian Gaborik, the Ranger superstar who in 10 NHL seasons has 248 goals and now two fighting majors. The brief and predictably one-sided scrap came 5:43 into the second period of a fight-filled 2-0 Ranger loss.

"I've seen highlights, and I don't see that guy as a smart guy," Henrik Lundqvist said of Carcillo. "It is disrespectful; you don't go after a top player like that. It doesn't matter if they're just holding each other, you don't drop the gloves - he knows who his opponent is. I'll say it again: He doesn't look that smart to me, and he showed it tonight."

Asked about the long memories hockey players hold for these sort of things, Lundqvist said, "Oh yeah. We will remember this for sure, and he should be ready for it."

Read Full Article
[ nydailynews.com ]

No comments:

Post a Comment